Watch the interview of Ashwani Gujral, Sudarshan Sukhani, Mitessh Thakkar, Sandeep Wagle, SP Tulsian, and Hemant Thukral with Surabhi Upadhyay, Anuj Singhal, and Reema Tendulkar on CNBC-TV18, in which they shared their readings and outlook on marketplace technicals, basics, and F&O side of the marketplace in addition to precise stocks and sectors.
Watch the interview of Ashwani Gujral of ashwanigujral.Com, Sudarshan Sukhani of s2analytics.Com, Mitessh Thakkar of mitesshthakkar.Com, Rajat Bose of rajatkbose.Com, Sandeep Wagle of powermywealth.Com, SP Tulsian of sptulsian.Com, and Hemant Thukral of Aditya Birla Money with Surabhi Upadhyay, Anuj Singhal, and Reema Tendulkar on CNBC-TV18, in which they shared their readings and outlook on marketplace technicals, fundamentals and F&O aspect of the marketplace as well as specific shares and sectors.
What IS assertive communication?
Assertive communication can express positive and negative ideas and feelings in an open, honest, and direct way. It recognizes our rights whilst still respecting the rights of others. It allows us to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions without judging or blaming other people. And it allows us to constructively confront and find a mutually satisfying solution where conflict exists.
So why use assertive communication?
All of us use assertive behavior at times… quite often, when we feel vulnerable or unsure of ourselves, we may resort to submissive, manipulative, or aggressive behavior.
Yet being trained in assertive communication actually increases the appropriate use of this sort of behavior. It enables us to swap old behavior patterns for a more positive approach to life. I’ve found that changing my response to others (be they work colleagues, clients, or even my own family) can be exciting and stimulating.
Related Posts :
- Officials offer tips for mosquito season.
- Racing news and tips: Pat Smullen backs Cracksman to take revenge
- Six research-backed tips to have a great vacation
- Evaluation from the Red Raiders wins over the Cyclones.
- Two in jail from slick ram-raid at Christchurch sports store
There are many advantages of assertive communication, most notably these:
- It helps us feel good about ourselves and others.
- It leads to the development of mutual respect with others.
- It increases our self-esteem.
- It helps us achieve our goals.
- It minimizes hurting and alienating other people.
- It reduces anxiety
- It protects us from being taken advantage of by others.
- It enables us to make decisions and free choices in life.
- It enables us to express, both verbally and non-verbally, a wide range of feelings and thoughts, both positive and negative.
There are, of course, disadvantages…
Disadvantages of assertive communication
Others may not approve of this style of communication or may not approve of the views you express. Also, having a healthy regard for another person’s rights means that you won’t always get what YOU want. You may also find out that you were wrong about a viewpoint that you held. But most importantly, as mentioned earlier, it involves
see it, four choices you can make about which style of communication you can employ. These types are:
- direct aggression: bossy, arrogant, bulldozing, intolerant, opinionated, and overbearing
- indirect aggression: sarcastic, deceiving, ambiguous, insinuating, manipulative, and guilt-inducing
- submissive: wailing, moaning, helpless, passive, indecisive, and apologetic
- assertive: direct, honest, accepting, responsible, and spontaneous
- Characteristics of assertive communication
There are six main characteristics of assertive communication. These are:
- eye contact: demonstrates interest, shows sincerity
- body posture: congruent body language will improve the significance of the message
- gestures: appropriate gestures help to add emphasis
- voice: a level, the well-modulated tone is more convincing and acceptable and is not intimidating
- timing: use your judgment to maximize receptivity and impact