With over 52 million credit card customers in India, the country may still be behind its western counterparts, but credit card applications are increasing. Electronic payments through credit cards facilitate convenience. The way to apply for a credit card has also become manageable, and if you have a bank account, your bank will offer you one. However, if you apply for a credit card, you may want to know how to do so and check your application status later.
How to Apply for Leading Credit Cards in India Online
You can apply for a credit card in India via an online means. All banks and NBFCs issue credit cards. Your bank will offer you a credit card with a bank account and creditworthiness. If you apply for a credit card from another bank, you can log on to any bank website to compare offers. To know how to use leading credit cards in India, you can call up any bank’s credit card customer care number available on the bank’s portal for help. You may also visit the Finserv MARKETS portal for the same. Most bank websites have a simple application process online in these steps:
- Go to any bank’s website. On the Homepage, you will see a ‘Credit Cards’ tab.
- Once you click on this, you will see the credit cards offered, and you can check credit cards suiting your spending patterns.
- You can also check eligibility criteria (a good credit score, certain documents, income stability, etc.).
- You can apply for a credit card online after fulfilling eligibility and get approval after verification.
How to Check Bank Specific Credit Card Application Status
After you apply for a bank-specific credit card, you can check the credit card status online in these steps:
- Visit the official website of the bank
- Click on the tab saying ‘Credit Cards.’
- You will see a section called ‘Credit Card Tracking.’
- Once you click on that, a tracking page will open. Enter details such as your Application ID, PAN number, mobile number, or date of birth
- Then click ‘Submit.’
What is the Meaning of Different Application Statuses?
Once you follow the process of checking your application status, you should know how to decipher different application status types. Most credit card companies/banks follow the same status structure, telling you what stage your credit card application process is undergoing. They are explained below:
- In Process – This indicates that your credit card application is still in a state of evaluation.
- Approved – This means that your credit card has been approved and will be dispatched.
- Dispatched – This means that your credit card has been sent to your address.
- On Hold – ‘On Hold’ means that your credit card status is currently stalled in the event the bank requires more information.
- Rejected/Disapproved – You will get this status when your application is denied.
Apply for Credit Cards at Finserv MARKETS
Comparing credit cards before you apply is a good idea. Also, finding out if you fulfill eligibility criteria is vital to your credit card approval. You can visit Finserv MARKETS to find out details of most credit cards and then apply.
- Credit Card Application Status: Track SBI, ICICI, HDFC banks Online (bankbazaar.com)
- Track your Credit Card Application Status Online – CreditMantri
- Credit Card Status: Check the Application Status of Credit Card Online – Finserv MARKETS (bajajfinservmarkets. in)