Having new things is always nice, but going second-hand way is also a fantastic option for purchasing a vehicle. A used car saves you money, is within your budget, comes in excellent condition, and the right vehicle comes loaded with top-notch features. Good deal.
Opting for a used car loan is a smart way to help you finance your vehicle. How do you go about it? Let’s find out.
Step 1: First, you need to finalize the brand and model of the car you want to purchase.
Step 2: You need to check your used car loan eligibility. The eligibility varies from lender to lender, but typically you need to check a few boxes like:
- Have a credit score of 750 and above.
- Have an income of INR 2 lakhs per annum (for self-employed individuals) and INR 20,000 per month (for salaried individuals).
- Age between 21 and 65 years.
- Provide income proof/ bank statement/ITR/ P&L statement/three-month salary slip.
- ID and Address Proof.
Step 3: Based on your vehicle and the, determine the amount of loan you want and for how long.
Step 4: Once you’ve figured out these basics, it’s time to move on to the application process.
How to Apply For a Used Car Loan in Kolkata
The car loan application process in Kolkata is straightforward. Once you’ve chosen your desired, make and model, compare and contrast the loan range different lenders offer. This helps you narrow down the top choices that best suit your needs. It also helps check your used car loan eligibility to avoid unnecessary rejection. Along with eligibility, don’t forget to discuss the used car loan interest rates, tenure, processing fees, prepayment charges, EMIs, etc., with the official. These facets are essential and help you determine the overall costs.
Now, you’re ready to apply. To apply, you can either choose the offline or online method. The online form is hassle-free, paperless, and faster.
- Online application – Applying online is the simplest way to apply for a used car loan. This method lets you carry out the entire application from the comfort of your home. All you need to do is fill out basic details on the online form, like name, date of birth, PAN details, etc., and hit apply. Here’s a quick overview of the application process:
- Documents – Your car loan requires a few documents that help establish your credibility. The documents will be listed on the chosen lender’s website. But a few basic ones include:
o Identity proof and Proof of residence
o Ownership of business documents and salary (self-employed individuals)
o Income Tax Returns (ITR)
o Proof of income
- Verification -After you submit the needed documents, they undergo a verification process to check the authenticity and establish your repayment capabilities. Post successful validation; your loan will be sanctioned.
- Approval of loan – If all your documents are authentic and pass the eligibility criteria, your loan will be approved. Once it’s sanctioned, you will receive the funds in your account shortly. If your credit score is low, or your documents are invalid or have discrepancies, there are chances of rejection. Most lenders approve loans instantly.
As you can see, the application process is super easy!make everything so much easier. All you have to think about is how you will reveal the good news and celebrate with family and friends. It’s time for the ride of a lifetime!